Welcome To Financial Elite!

Follow our 200K journey to get out of debt! We share our best money tips to get out of debt and build wealth.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Yuck! I Hate Tax Time!

Here's one of the first of many roundups and links to articles I enjoyed this week. These will  be held regularly on Friday's from now one. But first, it's that time again.

Well, our accountant contacted us today and she is done with the corporate portion of our taxes. So, we now need to finish up the personal half and away we go.

I have not owed any money for taxes in about ten years, when I made the stupid mistake of taking a 401K withdrawal. I ended up with a $7,500 tax bill plus late penalties. I paid the taxes owed by April 15th, but the IRS had decided that that money should have been paid throughout the previous year and charged me interest and late fees. How fair is that? They hold our money for a year and we don't get paid interest and penalties.

Anyway, there have been a couple of years since then that I thought we would owe, but it hasn't happened. This year though I am really concerned since we really didn't pay any interest on our mortgages because of our attempts to get loan modifications. We'll know in a couple of days. I'll keep you posted.

Here are some of the articles I found interesting this week. TGIF!
Find an article interesting you think other readers would be interested in? Drop a note and will share with everyone.

Did you enjoy reading this article? You can receive free full-text articles from Financial Elite by RSS in your email inbox daily by entering your email HERE. Your  email will only be used for this daily subscription, and each email will include a link you may use to unsubscribe at any time. Also follow us on Twitter.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...