Welcome To Financial Elite!

Follow our 200K journey to get out of debt! We share our best money tips to get out of debt and build wealth.

Monday, February 9, 2009

No Excuses For Going Into Foreclosure or Not Making Your Credit Card Payments. Part 2

In part 1 of this series I discussed how I felt about the people who have been bailing on their homes and going into foreclosure and how people don't pay their credit cards. There are some hard times going on right now, but you have to do whatever it takes. And there are opportunities out there if you look for them.

My niece asked my for money today. I am going to tell her no. She had a job and quit because she had to much to do like register her car or her get drivers license or something. Those are things we all have to do. We don't go quiting our jobs because of it. One of our renters is late on their rent this month. He knew he wasn't going to be able to pay it. So for one thing...Why wait until the day it is do to let me know? And better yet why aren't you getting a second job to offset your income?

I have been getting a lot of flack for posts like these. So I decided to put my money where my mouth is and get a second job myself. Just to prove a point. You can do whatever you want if you put your mind to it. There is no excuses for not paying your bills on time.

I worked my first week as a security guard this week. A full forty hours worth. As I discussed my first assignment was the PPAI show in Las Vegas. Followed by the IBS, which is the International Builders Show, to round out my week.

The show seemed to be a success despite the challenges of the current state of the economy. Over 60,000 building professionals attended the 65th annual International Builders Show.With 1,600 exhibiting companies and over 250 education sessions, IBS seems to still be the building industry's premier event.

I had some gentlemen tell me they normally spend $200,000 on a booth and were only spending about $2,000 this time. Even though they weren't spending what they used too, they were still getting their name out there.

When I started this job my first thought was about sleep deprivation. Besides working my business, writing this blog, and everything else I have to do I, I quickly realized I was not going to get much sleep.

What exactly is sleep deprivation? It is a lack of the necessary amount of sleep. This is either caused by having sleep disorders, a persons choice, or deliberate inducement such as for torture or interrogation.

Sleep deprivation can have serious health effects and can result in : clinical depression, aching muscles, blurred vision, constipation, delirium, dizziness, fainting, decreased mental activity and concentration, circles under the eyes, hallucinations, headaches, hypertension, slowed reaction time, weakened immune system, weight loss and weight gain.

Diabetes can also be caused by sleep deprivation. A study done by the University of Chicago Medical Center in 1996 revealed that sleep deprivation affects the body's ability to metabolize glucose, which can lead to early stages of Diabetes Type 2.

A study by the USCD School of Medicine and the Veterans Affairs Healthcare System conducted in 2000 revealed in people, who were sleep deprived and depending on the task at hand, the brain would sometimes attempt to compensate for the adverse effects caused by lack of sleep. The region of the brain involved in language processing, known as the temporal lobe, was activated during verbal learning in rested subjects but not in sleep deprived subjects. Also, the parietal lobe was not activated in rested subjects during verbal exercise, but was more active when the subjects were deprived of sleep. Memory performance was less efficient with sleep deprivation an greater activity in the parietal region was associated with better memory.

There all kinds of people who gone without sleep with no health changes. Thai Ngoc made a claim in 2006 to have been awake for 33years, which is the equivalent of 11,700 nights. Randy Gardner holds the Guinness World Record for intentionally having gone the longest without sleep, which he did for a high school project.

I have been going on an average of 2 1/2 to 3 hours a night of sleep. For me I have as yet to feel any effects other being tired. I have been able function properly at all my tasks and feel fine. I am in no means suggesting people go sleep deprived and putting their health at risk, but if you need to make extra money there are ways to do it.

Next up...my home theatre dream.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...