Welcome To Financial Elite!

Follow our 200K journey to get out of debt! We share our best money tips to get out of debt and build wealth.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Get paid to Party: Have a Gold Party to Start Your Emergency Fund

[This post is written and copyrighted by Financial Elite (http://financialelite.blogspot.com/ ).]

Ever get paid to party? I was invited to come over a friends for a gold party the other night and actually got paid to party.

Basically you bring whatever gold you have and trade it for cash. For example, rings, bracelets, etc. and you get paid to sell it. I had my doubts what I would actually get for the gold I brought, but I was pleasantly pleased.

I was paid just under $400 and had no idea I would have been paid that much. Four hundred dollars for a couple of rings and bracelet. Best of all I got paid right on the spot. I guess with gold selling for almost $1,100 an ounce these days it really adds up.

So what should I do with my newly found fortune?

I almost have all of my credit cards set up with my creditors on Balance Liquidation Programs or BLP. I have decided that would be my first stage in paying off my six figures of debt. Next I began checking into what Dave Ramsey recommends about paying off debt and recently bought Dave's 'The Total Money Makeover Starter Set'.

Dave has a series of steps to follow that he calls Baby Steps. Baby Step #1 is to start an emergency fund of $1,000. Most people I know would say, "I can't save $10 much less a $1,000." Right now I would probably agree with them.

So what can I do to start my fund? I have decided to put my windfall aside and start my emergency fund. Four hundred dollars isn't a bad start towards my first baby step. I am already almost half way to the goal of $1,000. Thanks gold party.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...