Welcome To Financial Elite!

Follow our 200K journey to get out of debt! We share our best money tips to get out of debt and build wealth.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Emergency Fund Depleted and Cutting Into the Budget

[This post is written and copyrighted by Financial Elite (http://financialelite.blogspot.com/ ).]

Well the $400 start to my emergency fund has been depleted. I bought three new tires for my car and went over budget by $109.

I originally had planned to buy two new tires for my car. The front two were the worse and actually were pretty bad, but the rear tires didn't seem that bad to me and I had hoped to be able to wait on those.

Turns out the rear tires were pretty bad too and so I went ahead and bought a full set. I was really happy with the price that Discount Tire gave me for the four tires.

Originally, I had planned to get two run flat tires and hold off on the other two. The tire shop just about matched the price for the four regular tires that what the two run flats would have cost me. Although, my budget was $400 I did get out the door for $509.

The extra $109 cut into my budget of what I wanted to spend, but actually my budget overall had a $200 surplus that I haven't allocated yet. So it wasn't too bad.

I am determined to keep an eye on my finances and not go over my budget or have to charge on my credit cards. I also don't want to jeopardize my balance liquidation programs.

I have the majority of my credit cards set up on a debt reduction program or BLP with Chase and Bank of America and I am determined to make sure I always make those payments on time.

If I miss a payment I can be removed from the program and if that happens my accounts will return to their high interest rates and all the fees and interest that Chase waived will be added to the card balances one again.

I should be able to start re-building my emergency fund within the next week. I'll keep you posted.

We Also Suggest:
Now What Do I Do? 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...